If you are looking for a fiery hard hitting female musical lyricist look no further than HoodCelebrityy.
Rising star Tina Pinnock known as HoodCelebrityy is a Jamaican dancehall singer and songwriter from The Bronx, New York. With her hustling mentality that she grew up with in New York and Jamaican influence she is a fast rising artist in the reggae/dancehall genre.
Tina grew up in Portmore Jamaica. Inevitably, she would fall in love with the contagious reggae sound, before relocating to the United States when she was aged 12.
At the age of 14 she chose to focus her energies on dancing and music. She has a the natural physique of a dancer, one could say she looks a lot like Aaliyah, and also has the sex appeal.
HoodCelebrityy’s breakout came in 2015 when friend and future collaborator, Cardi B, posted about her song, “Wine Pon It”. The song went viral soon after. Hood’s followers went from 2000 to 12000 overnight from the Cardi B post.
Following that Cardi B post, Tina released a handful of singles and videos which were well received, including her own versions of “Controlla” and “Milly Rock.”
HoodCelebrityy’s major inspirations are hometown legend Vybz Kartel and hip hops’ gritty 50 Cent. You can almost hear Vybz spitting the ‘Wine Pon It ‘ lyrics as it is something that you would expect from him.
“Back it up, I’m sitting while me back it up/ So me jack it up, sidung pon di cocky suh/ Em wah em cocky suck/ So me take me tongue and plap it up/ Suck till cocky bruk, em seh gal how you suh sloppy suh/ Bwoy you a deal wid di realest/ And when me a cum you gon’ feel it”
HoodCelebrity was quoted as saying;“Vybz Kartel’s music has been a major influence towards my artistry. He is a genius. He can make music about any topic. Not all artists can do that. His music motivates and uplifts my spirit and that is exactly how I want to impact fans with my music”, states HoodCelebrityy. “50 Cent is my favorite Rapper of all time. He is creative, smart, and he knows how to stay relevant, and is at the top of his game. I aspire to be just like that!”
In 2016, Cardi B released her debut mixtape, ‘Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1’, her label put together The Underestimated Tour, and invited Hoodcelebrityy to perform as an opening act for Cardi. This signified that Tina had hit the big time of being a professional artist.
“We did Stage 48 in New York. We did Atlanta. We did majority big cities, and the reaction was crazy,” she said. “I ended up quitting my job a couple months after because I was like, This is serious.”
Later in the year HoodCelebrityy featured in Cardi B’s Jubilee song, “Wine Up”. She was later signed by the management company and record label, KSR Group. In January 2017, she featured on Cardi B’s mixtape, Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 2, on the song “Back It Up” which also featured Konshens. Following that, she released the hit single, “The Takeover”, off of her debut mixtape, ‘Can’t Believe It’s Just a Girl’, in spring.
“The Takeover” came as a fresh sound for the industry heavily influenced by 50 Cent’s ‘Many Men’. She called it ‘Trap Reggae’, which infused the reggae she grew up listening to and the trap music which surrounded her in the Bronx.
“Its like rap infused with Jamaican urban culture. I am a huge fan of hip hop, so I wanted to create a sound that incorporates the witty flows and gangsta beats, with a dancehall edge,” she said.
With her ‘Trap Reggae’ sound in 2017, HoodCelebrityy released her second mixtape titled “Trap Vs. Reggae”, which featured “Island Girls,” a collaboration with Cardi B and Josh X. The mixtape peaked at number 9 on the Billboard Reggae Albums chart. “Walking Trophy” followed later in the year. It went on to peak at number 22 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart.
May of 2018, a deal with Epic Records was announced and Tina is currently working on finishing her debut album, with the goal of making universal anthems for an international audience.
“If you gonna be strictly dancehall, that’s cool if you just wanna make music for your culture,” she says assuredly. “But if you wanna make music for the world, you gotta be versatile.”
HoodCelebrityy definitely has what it takes to be a success in the industry. From working in a clothes store in Bronx to introducing a unique sound. She has a lot going on for her including her looks, edginess and drive to be successful. Lets see how far she goes.
Check out her latest single “Inside” which gaining traction on the airwaves.
Latest Trending in Reggae and Dancehall
- HOTTA FIRE RIDDIM VOL.2 – TOTAL ECLIPSE ENT. HOTTA FIRE RIDDIM VOL.2 - TOTAL ECLIPSE ENT. 2021 Tracklist: Teflon - No Fear Brigadier Jerry - Brigadier Control Dancehall Anthony Malvo - Hold Back Progress Imawni - Sweet Reggae Music ...
- AFROJAM 21 RIDDIM – MAXIMUM SOUND AFROJAM 21 RIDDIM - MAXIMUM SOUND 2021 Tracklist: Busy Signal - Party Girl Yaksta - Fete Life (Clean) Yaksta - Fete Life (Raw) Mr. Vegas - Crystal Ball Badda General - ...
- RECONCILIATION RIDDIM – LAVORO DURO RECONCILIATION RIDDIM - LAVORO DURO 2021 Tracklist: AbiYah Yisrael - Africa Time Sankie Fayauman - Wamuhle Reign Afrika - Dive In Red I Scorch - Re Le Mmogo Rickie Perplex - ...
- PAGE 1 RIDDIM – THEO RECORDS PAGE 1 RIDDIM - THEO RECORDS 2016 Tracklist: Dajigga - Beat Dem Bad Travalaunch - Germs Travalaunch - Temporary People J-Jonae - Type A Girl Theo Records - Page 1 Riddim ...
- BIG CHEST RIDDIM – TREASURE CHEST PRODUCTIONS BIG CHEST RIDDIM - TREASURE CHEST PRODUCTIONS 2021 Tracklist: Prezident Brown - Word Turbulence - Eva Bless Anthony B - Blazin Fire Chino - High Grade Singing Sweet - Perfect Harmony ...
- REALIZE RIDDIM – HEAVY VIBEZ RECORDS REALIZE RIDDIM - HEAVY VIBEZ RECORDS 2021 Tracklist: Roberto Sánchez - So Strong Derrick Parker - Sweet Loving Melodica Version - King & Queen Kali Navales - Realize Maryanne Ito - ...
- INTENCE FT. MOYANN – TOO GOOD INTENCE FT. MOYANN - TOO GOOD - DJ FRASS RECORDS 2021 Tracklist: Intence Ft. Moyann - Too Good APPLE MUSIC DOWNLOAD LISTEN ON SPOTIFY PROMO DOWNLOAD